Full scale replica of Noah’s Ark will sail to London for Olympics
Dutch Carpenter Johan Huibers has spent three years of his life building a full scale replica of Noah’s Ark. He intends to sail the gigantic wooden boat down the Thames river in time for the London Olympic games.
The boat which will span 450 feet long is built out of Swedish pine, and reinforced steel. The ark weighs in at almost 3,000 tons and can hold over 1,500 people along with all of the animals that Noah saved during the floods. The Ark was created as a tourist attraction with a religious message, and is even sea worthy.
replica of Noah’s Ark
Image Courtesy of EPA
THE STORY OF NOAH’S ARK:
The Story of Noah’s Ark according to the book of Genesis in the Bible is about a vessel that was built to save Noah, his family, and the world’s animals from a great flood upon god’s command.
God who was saddened by the evils of man, sent a great flood to cleanse the Earth of Evil. God chose a righteous man named Noah to live and preserve mankind through Noah’s family.
Noah’s Ark (1846), a painting by the American folk painter Edward Hicks.
Noah’s Ark ? or Trojan Horse ?
- Millionaire Creationist Builds Noah’s Ark Replica After Seeing Flood In Dream (huffingtonpost.com)
- The Noah Tutorial (philosophybank.org)
- PHOTOS: Millionaire builds Noah’s Ark, including thousands of plastic animals (kens5.com)
- Noah’s Ark (marvcabrera.com)
- Modern-day Noah opens doors of ark (bigpondnews.com)
- Full-Scale, Seaworthy Noah’s Ark Replica Complete, Apocalypse Ready (Provided The Apocalpyse Is A Flood) (geekologie.com)
- Hey, Ken Ham: A Dutchman Builds Noah’s Ark (sensuouscurmudgeon.wordpress.com)
- Dutchman builds replica Noah’s Ark after flood dream (religion.blogs.cnn.com)
- Modern-Day Noah Opens Doors Of Ark Creation (news.sky.com)